Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Maintenance Round 3 and the passing of a true innovator

Today's round of maintenance went very well.  No side affects, great seeing the wonderful staff at Louisville Oncology Suburban again today.  They truly make the experience awesome.  Two more months and this year of treatment will be over.  I asked today if I will do maintenance next year and the onc said yes.  I expected that, so looks like 2012 will be another exciting year.

Last weekend, though well overdue to post, I completed 69.38 miles in the Bike to Beat Cancer ride.  It was a cold and raining morning, and a cold afternoon, and a bit of sunshine towards evening.  The course took me 8 hours and 45 minutes due to 3 flat tires due to a sliver of glass in the rear tire.  Total ride time was 5 hours and 55 minutes.  But I completed it.  An awesome feeling.  I raised a total of $1,400 and for such a worthy cause.  Look forward to next year.  Could it be a 100 miler next year?  Hmmmmm.

So tonight, coming back from Bardstown, I heard on the radio that Steve Jobs has passed away at age 56. Though the cause is not public knowledge, it is mentioned about his battle with cancer.  This just hits home for me, though I can say I am a survivor, I will always wonder if it will come back again.  I will one day have to have a bone marrow transplant, but am encouraged that the onc says I am too young right now.  Cancer is become a very common word, I sure hope they find a cure soon.  Until then, I pray my remission lasts forever.  Please pray for the Jobs family for the loss of a true innovator!

RIP Steve Jobs - you never gave up!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete