Thursday, December 8, 2011

Immunity!

Today I have my treatment to help my immune system with the IV of immunoglobulin.  It was pretty easy to do, had the strange taste in my mouth common to the treatments I have had.  Hopefully I will feel better soon.  Wikipedia gave this definition, IVIG is given as a plasma protein replacement therapy (IgG) for immune deficient patients who have decreased or abolished antibody production capabilities. In these immune deficient patients, IVIG is administered to maintain adequate antibody levels to prevent infections and confers a passive immunity.  Gonna go back in 2 weeks and hopefully be strong enough that I can continue on with my maintenance treatment.  If not, more IVIG.  So for now, doing good, just hoping I bounce back from the infection they saw in my lungs.  Not sure why it had so many air bubbles, but this is what the bottle looked like once I was almost done.

Getting the immune system pump started

No comments:

Post a Comment