Friday, December 23, 2011

All Clear for Santa

Had my high resolution CT scan today.  And actually got the results today to, what a bonus.  The infection in the upper lungs is no longer there which is good.  Even better no sign of any lymphoma in the chest.  At the time of this news, I did not have the results of my blood work.  So later in the day I found out that the immunoglobulins have boosted my immune system back up to good ranges.  So my question was "why am I coughing so much?"  It is possible that the rituxan is being hard on my respiratory system in the way of tightening the air ways, which could cause me to cough as a reaction.  Being that I have been coughing for 12 weeks, it's possible that maybe I did not have the crud the whole time.  Don't have all the answers, but the onc wants to try an inhaler to help open up the airways.  Tonight I did my first dose, and I gotta say, it did help.  So let's hope this is a step in the right direction, and possibly a cause to all my discomfort.  I can hope right?  So thats how this year will probably end up, and possibly my first difficulty with treatment since this began earlier this year.  No complaints on that one.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and cannot wait to ring in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment