Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Biopsy

Today, February 9, 2011, was my biopsy of the mass in my stomach, and I have never been through one of these.  So I get there at 6:30am, check in, and at 7am, I get led back to my room.  Here comes the fancy socks and the gown, you know the one that if you are not careful you flash the butt-crack.  :)  I get the iv, all the prep work, and at 8am I get wheeled back for the CT guided procedure.  The same tech that did the initial CT scans was there, man those gals are great at what they do.  Get moved to the ct table, and I get hooked up to all sorts of gadgets.  The radiologist explained all the particulars to the biopsy and I signed on the line, and the groggy meds begin to roll.  Got numbed up, and they took a prep scan to line up the mass.  Looking at the monitor, it looked big, but I can't read a ct scan, so who knows.  They put the template on there, and in goes the guide needle.  Very interesting to watch.  They took 4 biopsy's and it was all over, probably 30 minutes.  I give both tech's and the radiologist 2 thumbs up, they made it very easy for me.

Back in my room, two hours of laying flat.  Man that was hard.  I got to sit up and eat after that, and the radiologist came in to look at the area, give me my orders, and asked if I had any questions.  Nope, it all rest and recooperate.  About an hour to go, my sister-in-law came to get me, my ride for the day, and we waited out the last hour till I got discharged, 1pm.

Being home all day, it has been an easy day till about 7pm, I felt a little hot.  Took my temp and it was 100.3, and if I get to 101 I have to call the doctor.  So far it has been up to 100.4 but is down to 99.9 now, so I think it is gonna be okay.  No pain or discomfort, what more could I ask.

Unfortunately, today the pain in my shoulder is flairing up, and I hope it doesn't get as bad as the last time.  We'll see.

Friday I get my results, and I am very excited to know which path I will be dealt.  So many have shared their prayers and support for me I cannot express it.  I am fortunate to know them.

1 comment:

  1. Well Rob, I must say that this is a pretty cool idea. I will love being able to read this to stay posted on you, especially because I'm not home so we don't get to talk as much. I have been thinking about you a lot lately and can't even begin to imagine what it is like, both the pain and the wait. You will continue to be in my prayers as always, but I will pray more often for you. I hope results tomorrow are as good as they can be regarding the situation and the road to recovery is rather straight and flat than curved and bumpy. Stay strong and I love you more than you know!! This Bible quote comes to mind, I think it will help you--Jeremiah 29:11

    p.s. Remember that a positive mindset makes all the difference. We are capable of way more than we'll ever know, and all we have to do is simply mentally prepare ourselves :)

    LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete