Monday, February 14, 2011

Into the marrow we go

I can now say that I have had a bone marrow biopsy.  And you know what, it ain't nuttin.  So far today I have not even felt a thing.  Maybe they used an extra small needle.  Either way, the procedure went off with zero problems.  I thought that they would take it out of one of the sides, but no, I was face down and they went in on the left side part of the back, technically still the hip.  The most pain came from having the right arm stretched above my head.  The pain has been back the last few days, mostly at night.  So, hopefully I can make it to Friday and see what's next.  All I felt today was a little pressure as they pushed on me to get the needle in my bone, and I mean it barely hurt.  One down, two to go.

Okay so here is the funny part.  Any of you Grey's Anatomy fans that saw the episode where Bailey was tweeting from the OR, and how much the Chief hated it.  So the lady that came to get me, which I don't know whether she was a tech or nurse, saw me texting and we got talking about Grey's Anatomy and tweeting.  So I said I wanted to tweet during the biopsy.  Well, I had a fun doctor today and my lady friend who got me to the CT room told him that I was gonna tweet during the procedure.  He got a kick out of that, so as I got wired up to the monitors and they prepped the needles and such, he went in the other room to do what he has to do to get the machine ready.  So my lady friend goes back there, and she comes to the door way and tells me that we will have to delay the procedure as the doctor was tweeting.  What a fun way to have an experience that you don't know how it will feel, and laugh a little along the way.  I can't tell you how enjoyable that was, and having people work on you that can laugh a little is a great thing.  So I had to share that.

4 comments:

  1. Glad everything went well and for the most part painless. So, are you tweeting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story, Rob. :) I saw that episode too.
    Your outlook on all of this is amazing & inspiring. I look forward to sharing your journey. Thanks for allowing me to! Continuing to send prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in my prayers, brother. Hit back hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Rob, I am sincerely inspired by your upbeat approach. I'm so glad you shared with me - I am here for you. I also think it's hilarious that you quote a Diana Digarmo song. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only adult left watching that show. How fortuitous that it's American Idol season to help you through this difficult time :)

    ReplyDelete